Penticton Lawn Bowling Club

News and Notes

Thanks to all those who turned out to work on the new deck in front of the Clubhouse. It is now complete and looks great. Robert, Clem and Brad christened the deck. There are more pictures in the Gallery.

Friday was the PLBC Fun Day to celebrate Canada Day. It was enjoyed by all, and thanks to Pippa and her crew for the organization and lunch. Photos will be in the Gallery shortly.

The PLBC Mens and Ladies Pairs are to be held on July 9th and 10th. Sign up soon at the Club House if you want to take part.

Congratulations to Robert and Brad on winning the 2022 ILBA Pairs Trophy in Kamloops this weekend.

This years Bonney Cup Annual Mixed Pairs Tournament is to be held the weekend of July 16th and 17th. It is open to all and we expect entries from the USA and Alberta as well as from within BC. Please see BONNEY CUP page for more information and the registration form.

New bowlers of all ages are always welcome. Please see the New Bowlers page for information on lawn bowling and how to find out more on the sport.

History of the Clubhouse

Penticton Lakeview Lawn Bowling Club was formed in 1927 and first played on the grounds on the old Incola Hotel on Lakeshore Drive. In the Spring time of 1928 there was flooding in that area and greens were washed out completely. In 1929 with permission from the council at that time a new green was setup on Brunswick Street and this is where it remains today. Ladies were introduced to the club in 1930 plus a clubhouse improvement in 1949-1950. The Clubhouse as it now stands was remodelled in 1999-2001. This was due mainly to the Late Harry Bonney and Club Members at this time, many of whom offered their own funds. So in 93 Years we have gone from a wooden shack to the great clubhouse we have today with the support of our club members. In February 2020 we deleted the word "Lakeview" from our title. We are now Penticton Lawn Bowling Club. Some old and interesting photographs are on display in the clubhouse at 260 Brunswick Street, Penticton.

Old Pictures of the Clubhouse

Incola Hotel circa 1920's

First game at The Incola

Clubhouse remodel 1949-1950

Opening June 5, 1950