For many years, Penticton Lawn Bowling Club has run a comprehensive summer bowling program. The Program is generally open to all PLBC full members as well as visitors from other Bowling Clubs. Some events, such as Open Days, are open to all. We normally start bowling in early to mid-May and go on to late September, depending on the weather and required pre-season and post-season Lawn maintenance activities. More detail on events and dates can be found on our Calendar page.
The Program includes:
- Introduction of Lawn Bowling to local community members through events such as Participaction Days, Open Days and alongside daily practice bowling games.
- Development of bowlers through the opportunity to take part in daily practice games with more experienced bowlers
- Coaching sessions, both group and one-on-one.
- Opportunity to develop intermediate skills and knowledge by competing at club level tournaments.
- Further opportunity to develop advanced skills and experience by representing PLBC at regional or provincial tournaments or at inter club matches.
- Opportunity to develop coaching and officiating qualifications through attending appropriate courses.
See the drop down menu for details of Provincial and ILBA championships and PLBC Tournament results.